Map of Prespa National Park
Contact for more information
Head of Management of Prespa National Park
based in the park in Dolna Gorica
Prespa National Park
Goricë e Vogël
The main offices of the national Park based in Dolna Gorica are opened for visitors from Monday to Friday from 09:00 am to 05:00 pm.
The Tourism Office at the Pustec Municipality based in Pustec is open from 09:00 am to 04:00 pm.
The park’s visitor centre is situated above Leska Village and is open during the summer season. Young people, who are part of the national project “Smile Albania”, are awaiting you there and offer any information that visitors might need.
How to get there
If traveling from Tirana, visitors can get a public bus to Korçë at the bus station near the Faculty of Economy. Usually the last bus leaves at 05:00 pm.
This bus will bring them to the bus station in Korçë where they can get one of the two public buses that travel to Prespa National Park. One travels to Pustec and the other one to Goricë e Vogël. The bus is clearly marked (connection: Korçë-Gorice Dogane) and usually leaves Korçë at 12:00 pm. If you cannot manage to get the bus, a taxi can bring you to the park very easily.
If the visitors are traveling through Macedonia to get to Prespa National Park there is a border pass in Stenje and after 5 km you are at the center of the Park.
Distance from the major tourist centres
The Prespa National Park is 180 km from Tirana and 35 km from Korçë, the nearest city.
Accomodation and restaurants
There are around ten restaurants that are in the area of the Prespa National Park where you can taste the traditional cooking, enjoy the beautiful view of the lake and spend some hours or even days in a calm environment, away from the noise and stress of the busy working days.
Besides these restaurants there are also small village bars where you can sit and spend some time during your trip.
- Taverna Vasili in Dolna Gorica is located at the main road that goes to the border with Macedonia. Here you can have a good time ad very pleasant meal, and also you can stay at one of the rooms at the hotel with a peaceful view towards the lake.
- Stara Kafana Xhona is located in Dolna Gorica. There you can taste the traditional cooking with a view of the lake as a background.
- Hotel Aleksandar Park is located near the lake in Zaroshka. Here you can find food, accomodation and a nice area for swimming as well as camping in the summer since the establishment itself is near the lakeshore.
- Hotel-Restorant Aleksandar is located at the entrance of Zaroshka Village where you can find traditional cooking, accomodation and a beautiful view, good hospitality and very friendly owner.
- Restorant Ilo is located in Zaroshka where you can taste the traditionally prepared fish in the beautiful garden of the restaurant and where you can also spend some nights at the hotel if you decide to stay longer in Prespa.
- Restorant Kristi is located in Zaroshka. It offers traditional cooking and specialities, a peaceful garden and a beautiful view.
- Restorant Veligdenski is located in Pustec. You can taste the good food, and have a refreshment not only by the lake but also at the centre of Pustec, because, why not.
There are also several camping grounds where the interested tourists can park their camping vans and enjoy their time.
Text and photos: Prespa National Park & Cveta Trajçe